Sunday, January 8, 2012

January 8

Tonight season 2 of Downton Abbey premiered on PBS' Masterpiece Classic.  I fully admit it: I am a Masterpiece junky, have been ever since the 70s and The Six Wives of Henry XIIIDownton Abbey is, of course, a romanticized version of the period, but no one claims it's a history lesson.  It is just a wonderful story and a beautiful production.  And it's a habit I don't intend to break anytime soon.

Since beginning the new year and the new blog, I've been changing my studio work area from fabric based to paper based.  It will, undoubtedly, be an ongoing process for quite awhile.  I keep reminding myself of the advice Rick was given the summer he worked as a "casual employee" of the Post Office.  The old time letter carriers warned him to be careful which shoulder he put his bag on the very first time because it would be on the shoulder forever.

This advice has proven true whenever we've moved house or office.  The first place you put something is likely to be the place it will be when you move out in six months or six years.  Taking this advice to heart, I'm trying to be very mindful of where I place things and mindful if that place isn't working.  Rather than continuing with a less than ideal placement, I'm trying to move things to new, more appropriate places before it all becomes ingrained and I'm stuck there forever.  So far, so good....  Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment