Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January 17

The petitions for recall against Gov. Scott Walker (no relation), Lt. Gov. Kleefisch, and four Republican Senators were turned in today.  There are over one million signatures on the Walker recall petitions and nearly two million signatures collectively on all the petitions.  This is what democracy looks like:  People exercising their right to demand accountability from politicians.  Thanks to all the folks who worked so hard to get those signatures!

In the mail today were three separate, high quality printed pieces from the Republic Party of Wisconsin addressed to me.  (And all presenting the Republic version of "the truth".)   I'm not sure how they got my name on their mailing list because, while I am a staunch Independent, I am also a state employees' union member.  It's challenging to try and stay balanced in the face of all the anger swirling around politics in both Wisconsin and across the Nation.  All I can do right now is just sit with the emotions and breathe....  Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment