Wednesday, January 4, 2012

January 4

One of my favorite professors, Avtar, came back from vacation and brought the department staff little boxes of Gail Ambrosius chocolate.  If you don't know Gail's chocolate, you don't know what you're missing.  I am particularly fond of her gold bellied Buddhas.

The flower picture is the image for January on the calendar in my office.  The wall opposite my desk was blank with a large screw in the middle of the wall.  Last year I had a Pema Chodron calendar, and this year I have a calendar of flower radiography by Steven Meyers, complete with large paper clip hanger dangling from the immoveable screw.  The images are ethereal, fragile, and lovely.  When I look up and see the freesia, it reminds me to stop for a moment and just breathe....  Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment