Thursday, January 5, 2012

January 5

Most of my afternoon was spent trying to fit one too many classes in one too few classrooms for this coming fall semester.  Someone may have to move the time of their class if they want a room.  Oh well, there are far bigger problems in this life.  I'll worry about this one "tomorrow at Tara" (cue dramatic hand to brow).

The amaryllis has opened two of its flowers.  It never ceases to amaze me that you can stick what is basically a big onion bulb in some dirt and a little more than a month later, there's a two-and-a-half foot stalk with saucer-sized flaming red flowers on top.  And we really, truly don't know how it happens.  I mean, we can't build one in a lab, now can we?  As my friend JK says, "If iris didn't exist, we couldn't even imagine them"....  Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment