Saturday, July 7, 2012

July 7

In the next few months I have a class reunion, a wedding, and some other events, so I need some grownup clothes.

To say that I am casual is bit of an understatement.  I don't own a skirt or dress, and if I had my way I'd live in jeans and a baggy shirt for the rest of my life.  Since I have to pretend to be professional during the day, I wear jean cut pants in khaki or black and some version of a really comfortable top.  My shoes are wide, ugly, and extremely comfortable.

Yesterday I asked Anne to help narrow down the possibilities and help me find something to wear to the upcoming events.  As always, Anne did an amazing job researching the choices, and today we went shopping.  Talbots, Coldwater Creek, Anne Taylor Loft, places I never go unless one of the girls want to go there.

It was a bit like "What Not to Wear" today.  I'd take a pair of what I thought were perfectly nice pants off the rank, and Anne would put them right back and hand me a different pair.  As for tops, I apparently don't have a clue.

We did get two pair of black pants, one ankle length of which I'm still pretty skeptical but Anne says they look nice.  (The photo is not of me wearing the pants.  It's from the catalog.)  Eileen still has to approve so I've kept the receipts.  Anne sent me some links to tops, and I ordered a couple on line.  We shall see....  Mary



No comments:

Post a Comment