Saturday, July 28, 2012

July 28

This morning I stopped by the Oakwood Village (senior living) Resale Shop.  For less than a dollar I bought a bit of paper ephemera.  It is the wedding invitation, "At Home" card, and 1899 Touring Club de France membership card complete with childhood photo of Elizabeth Storrs Fabian.  Elizabeth was married in 1915, so I'm guessing she was 7 or 8 in the photo.

By Googling her full name, I came across her oldest daughter's obituary.  Elizabeth Webster Lewis passed away earlier this year in here in Madison at the age of 95.  I'm guessing she had been living at Oakwood Village.

It turns out the Touring Club de France was founded in 1890 to encourage cycling tourism.  And they are still around today with an office in Paris and a Facebook page.  Just gotta' love the Internet.... Mary



No comments:

Post a Comment