Thursday, July 5, 2012

July 5

Day in and day out, my life is pretty much split between my day job and studio time.  After 25+ years of self employment and paying for our own health insurance, I decided to take a "real" job when we sold our last business.  Since Rick's job does not come with health coverage, my office drone job is more about the medical insurance than anything else.  (Having had a hip replacement at 54 - thankfully with insurance - going without insurance is not something we're willing to risk.)

So the day job gets the bulk of my waking hours, with the studio taking a back seat most days.  Hence, 365 Practice:  I must show up every single day in the studio, and I have to post to keep myself honest.  No fudging, no backsliding, no putting off until tomorrow.  Every single day no matter how hot, how tired, how messy, or how uninspired....  Mary



No comments:

Post a Comment