Saturday, January 5, 2013

January 5

Rick and I did a rocket ride down to Illinois and back to see my mom.  She's doing well and seems not too much worse for her Christmas visit to the hospital.  We took her out to lunch and the did some chores around her apartment.

This piece is made like the gum wrapper chains we made as kids.  One of my friends had a chain long enough to drape back and forth across her bedroom ceiling.  Of course the Guiness world record is a chain started in 1965 and by 2009 had almost 1.5 million gum wrappers in it.  Can't imagine where he stores it! I do not have my old junior high chain, alas.

Eileen does have a Christmas tree garland chain I made when the girls were little using brightly colored origami paper cut to gum wrapper size.  There is something so meditative about folding the pieces and linking them together.  I'm sure this chain will grow over the course of the year, but here's the start....  Mary



No comments:

Post a Comment