Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January 1

My medium for 2013 is origami.  While I did do origami as a child, my adult fingers are clearly well out of practice.  The idea of origami as a medium was inspired by the formerly blank wall behind our local library's check out desk.  The Middleton Community Library Community Origami Mural is truly a work of art.  Since we visit the library at least once a week, it is a lovely sight to see each time.

There is a larger component to this year's blog project as well.  If the past two years have taught me anything it's that daily accountability truly works for me.  My 365 Practice for 2013 is a mindfulness project, inspired by the daily logs of monthly goals that Gretchen Rubin used for her Happiness Project and who was herself inspired by Benjamin Franklin's chart of virtues.  Pretty admirable lineage to work from.

I will post daily as before and talk about what I am trying to accomplish with my mindfulness project and to show how my origami folds are progressing.  Tonight's swan has, I believe, an inside out beak fold.  Hopefully it will get easier with daily practice....  Mary



No comments:

Post a Comment