Tuesday, March 6, 2012

March 6

Since it's pledge week on PBS, they're running all the vintage music programs for their aging audience.  Some of these songs do indeed stand the test of time:  Percy Sledge -"When a Man Loves a Woman", Mason Williams - "Classic Gas", Question Mark and the Mysterians - "96 Tears".  My personal favorite was Chad & Jeremy doing "A Summer Song".

Their album (I know I'm dating myself but it actually was a record album) Distant Shores was my very first Perfect Album.  A Perfect Album is one on which every song is perfect, the order is perfect.  You wouldn't change one thing about it.  There have been more Perfect Albums over the years for me, but Chad and Jeremy were my first and are still a favorite.

Other Perfect Albums: Graham Nash - Songs for Beginners; Neil Young - After the Gold Rush; Grateful Dead - American Beauty; Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run, Born in the USA, We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions; The Pogues -  Hell's Ditch; U2 - The Unforgettable Fire, The Joshua Tree; k.d. lang - Hymns of the 49th Parallel; anything by Emmy Lou Harris.


No comments:

Post a Comment