Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May 2

Over the weekend Rick and I went to the Allen Centennial Gardens at the University.  It is right in the heart of the campus.  In fact, it's three blocks from my office.  Now that the initial blush of spring flowers are fading, the greenery is really coming into its own.

There's a wonderful artist whose blog I started reading about a year ago, Melanie Testa.  Melanie has a new book out, Dreaming from the Journal Page.  As soon as I got the book, I used some of her techniques to alter a large sheet of watercolor paper using stencils, masking, watercolor, and stamps.  This page is what I cut up to do the May pieces from.  It is way outside my comfort zone for what I normally do, so I decided to add something I'm very familiar with: beads.  We'll see where it goes....  Mary



No comments:

Post a Comment