Thursday, October 3, 2013

October 3

Never been a big fan of animal prints, except of course on the animals themselves.  Still not a big fan.

Drawing assignment:  Draw something lucky.

My best friend JK and I a used to spend a week at Holy Wisdom Monastery annually for an art retreat.  We would make art all day, meet for meals, and then watch the sunset from the upper balcony of the Monastery.

There were dozens of bluebirds nesting in the fields surrounding the Monastery.  One evening as we watched the setting sun a bluebird flew low over the balcony and a tiny, downy feather floated down into my hand.  I've kept it all these years in a small (1.5 inch) empty, lidded bead container on a shelf in my study, just for luck....  Mary



A September's worth of origami

No comments:

Post a Comment